Monday, June 30, 2008

It's been a while - but.


It's been a while since my last post. However, I have been working very hard in my photography business in Invercargill, Southland, New Zealand. A famous British musician once described my beautiful town as "the arsehole of the world", more fool him as our air has been described as a fine champagne and Britain has the smog and vehicle congestion problem. A new addition to my business is a website I've been working on for a while
www. maheno.co.nz It's a work in progress and along with this blog , which I plan to update more regular will give my customers a more personal feel for my business and what I do. I've tried to make it as simple as possible so my client can see (A) easy navigation (B) he can take good pictures (C) for contact details.
My business is geared towards advertising photography as more and more work is coming from that sector. Especially, the advertisers with the small to medium budget.
I'm off this week to the far north of New Zealand to a small Maori settlement called Pamapuria to a family members 60th birthday, it's my dad's family area. I'm taking my camera and I hope to get some good pictures of that areas rural Maori community so I hope to post a couple of pictures. My wife and I are staying on a marae with family and can't wait to see everyone.
The whole week I've been weighing up my options with what camera gear to take. Do I take digital which is heavy and means a lot of weight or do I take analog and a bit of film. I do like the the instant results of digital but I'd have to take my laptop and a couple of lenses. But I'm traveling light so I've settled for a small Leica M6 rangefinder and a 35mm lense.
I'll just have to wait until I get back to get the film processed.
I live in a small city of 50,000 people to get away to a small community of less than 100 will be great.

No comments: